Absolutely! I take your safety very seriously and all tour itineraries are planned in advance, with the geopolitical situation taken into account. We will never enter restricted areas, and use armed security if/when necessary. Walking around the streets, major cities, tourist sites... totally cool!
It is important to protect yourself when travelling abroad, and hiring a licensed tour guide does just that! Registered guides are accountable, insured, and trained to guide all over Israel!
Licensed by the Israel Ministry of Tourism
Insured by the Israel Tour Union
License number available through the Israel National Licensed Tour Guide Directory
Full Day Tours - 8-10 hours
Half Day Tours - Approximately 5 hours
* Flexible schedules available, depending on destination.
No problem at all! I speak Hebrew and will translate for you. Most people in Israel know some English and if they don't... thank goodness for Google Translate!
Anywhere you want! Likely, though, I will meet you at your hotel or a central meeting point arranged beforehand.
There is a 25% non-refundable deposit, payable when the tour is booked (via bank transfer, online, or cash) and the remaining 75% is paid in cash at the beginning of our tour day.
Always pack a hat, sunscreen, walking shoes, and a water bottle!
Depending on your tour itinerary, I will tell you what else you will need to bring (for example: water shoes, hiking gear, etc.). And NEVER forget your phone/camera for pictures!
Many places prefer cash, so it is always a good idea to carry at least some Israeli Shekels with you. It's also good to have cash when buying souvenirs and cash for tips!
Hot!!! In winter it may get cold at night in certain cities (Jerusalem is cold in winter!)... but generally it is very hot in Israel and you must dress accordingly. Always wear a hat, apply sunscreen, and drink lots of water. I will let you know the expected weather depending on the time of year of your tour.
Yes! The buses, train, and light rail in Israel are incredibly effective, safe, clean, and easy ways to get around. You can use transit in city and between cities. It is recommended to get a green transit card called a RAV KAV if you intend to use public transit often.
*Note: cash is not accepted on public transit.
Working days in Israel are Sundays - Thursdays.
On Shabbat and Jewish holidays the stores in many cities close and public transit stops (depending on the city). Almost all shops and restaurants are closed in Jerusalem on Friday evenings & on Saturday, but there are many places that remain open in Tel Aviv.